Life at Accrington & Rossendale College is a world away from life at school, as our students enjoy more freedom, more independence and a chance to take their first steps into adulthood.
We aim to support this as best as we can, and whilst academic encouragement is our highest priority, we also want to help your child grow personally and enjoy their time with us.
We understand that there will be many things that you want to know about what life is like for your child at AccRoss College, and below are a few of the most frequently asked questions by parents.
AccRoss College is situated in the heart of Pennine Lancashire with our main Broad Oak Campus positioned just on the out-skirts of Accrington town centre. Our campus has a wealth of greenery running through the centre to give a friendly welcoming feel.
AccRoss College offers a wide range of courses, click here to view our list of courses.
Entry requirements for each of our courses differ based on the type of programme. On some of our courses, e.g Construction and Hairdressing & Beauty Therapies, learners are required to begin at Level 1 due to the skills and units covered, no matter what grades they gain at GCSE Level.
As a guide, please find the standard entry requirements below:
- Level 1 course = 4 GCSEs at D-G are required (must include Maths and English)
- Level 2 course = 5 GCSEs at D or above (including Maths or English)
- Level 3 course = 5 GCSEs at A*-C (including both Maths and English)
Once we have received your child’s application form, an interview will be arranged were you are invited along too. They don’t need to panic about this, it is just a friendly chat were we will get to know your child and make sure that the course is right for them.
If your child has been made an unconditional offer and has accepted it, they will be invited to College to fill in an enrolment form.
If they have been offered a conditional offer, your child will need certain GCSE grades for their course, and can enrol once they know what their results are.
If your child doesn’t get the grades they expected, don’t panic! We still have a wide range of options for them to consider. It could be that they may just have to study a little longer than first expected to get where they want to be.
Here at AccRoss College we are committed to ensuring that all learners have the best possible chance of success. We have experienced and qualified staff that specialise in supporting learners and anyone thinking of coming to College with a disability, or any difficulty with learning, can contact the Learning Support Team to plan support in advance.
COLLEGE HOLIDAY DATES ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/19
Autumn Term 2018
- Re-open for Full time FE learners 3rdSeptember 2018
- Closed for Staff Development day 19thOctober 2018
- Half term closure 22ndOctober – 26thOctober 2018 (inclusive)
- Re-open 29thOctober 2018
- Christmas Full time FE learners finish 20thDecember 2018
Spring Term 2019
- Re-open for Full time FE learners 7th January 2019
- Closed for Staff Development day 15thFebruary 2019
- Half term closure 18thFebruary – 22ndFebruary 2019 (inclusive)
- Re-open 25thFebruary 2019
- Easter Full time FE learners finish 4thApril 2019
Summer Term 2019
- Re-open for Full time FE learners 23rdApril 2019
- May Day 6thMay 2018
- Half term closure 27thMay – 31stMay 2019 (inclusive)
- Re-open 3rdJune 2018
- Teaching ends FE learners on 14thJune – students will only be expected to attend for exams after this date