Information, Advice & Guidance Service
You are clearly making a big decision and what you choose to do now will have a huge impact on the rest of your life, so you need to think carefully. You will need guidance to help you to plan for your future and to make sure that the choice you make now is right for you.
If you are leaving school and would like to find out about college courses, please ask your personal adviser or year tutor to put you in touch with either a College School Liaison Officer or a College Career Guidance Advisor. If you are an adult looking for study options please contact the College Career Guidance Service who will be able to offer information, advice & guidance.
All students are entitled to free and impartial careers advice from the College’s Information, Advice & Guidance Service. We are passionate about supporting you to achieve your aspirations and helping you to reach your goals, dreams and ambitions in study, a new career, progression to other courses or to University, promotion at work or personal and professional development.
We can help with:
- Finding learning, training and progression opportunities that are right for you and your personal circumstances
- Support your learning, liaise with tutors and support networks
- Develop your CV and Job searching skills
- Help you to understand employability skills and the Labour Market
- Help you to deal with any problems or barriers you may face during your time at college
- Advise and signpost you to other professional organisations that can help you.
You can find our service on the landing of the Broad Oak Building adjacent to reception where you will be most welcome to drop in to discuss your needs. Make sure you call in for an informal chat or make an appointment for an in depth interview.
Information, Advice & Guidance Team: 01254 354 354