Accrington & Rossendale College has a wide range of courses available from Catering & Hospitality to Sport & Fitness. Our courses are available at all different levels, which means you can start at whatever stage is right for you. The level you study at will depend on the GCSE grades you get.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions by students.
Full Time Open Events:
- Tuesday 25th September 2018
- Monday 15th September 2018
- Wednesday 14th November 2018
Apprenticeship Open Events:
- Wednesday 3rd October 2018
If you are unable to attend our main College Open Evenings and would like some information and guidance, please call us on 01254 354052 to arrange a visit to the College.
You can make an application to the College in one of the following ways:
- Online form
- Paper application form (can be found in our main College prospectus)
To avoid disappointment, we strongly recommend you send in your application form as soon as possible.
- If you are 16 – 18 studying a full-time course you won’t have to pay any course or exam fees.
- If you are 19+ fees vary depending on the type of course you wish to study and on your personal circumstances. Please contact our Career Guidance Team on 01254 354354 for more information.
- If you are 24+ studying a Level 3 qualification or above then an Advanced Learning Loan is available to cover the cost of your course fees. Please click here to read about the different ways of paying for your course.
If you don’t get the grades you expect, don’t worry, there are still a wide range of options for you to consider. Please call 01254 354 354 to see what we can do for you.
If you have accepted an unconditional offer you will be invited to College to fill in an enrolment form.
If you have been offered a conditional offer, this means you will need certain GCSE grades for your chosen course, and can enrol once you have received your results.
You have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities whilst studying at College, click here to see what’s on offer.
COLLEGE HOLIDAY DATES ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/19
Autumn Term 2018
- Re-open for Full time FE learners 3rdSeptember 2018
- Closed for Staff Development day 19thOctober 2018
- Half term closure 22ndOctober – 26thOctober 2018 (inclusive)
- Re-open 29thOctober 2018
- Christmas Full time FE learners finish 20thDecember 2018
Spring Term 2019
- Re-open for Full time FE learners 7th January 2019
- Closed for Staff Development day 15thFebruary 2019
- Half term closure 18thFebruary – 22ndFebruary 2019 (inclusive)
- Re-open 25thFebruary 2019
- Easter Full time FE learners finish 4thApril 2019
Summer Term 2019
- Re-open for Full time FE learners 23rdApril 2019
- May Day 6thMay 2018
- Half term closure 27thMay – 31stMay 2019 (inclusive)
- Re-open 3rdJune 2018
- Teaching ends FE learners on 14thJune – students will only be expected to attend for exams after this date