You can find information about our current computing technologies apprenticeship vacancies in the drop down boxes below. However for further information please contact us on:
Call: 01254 354 220
Company: Accrington and Rossendale College
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Wage: National Apprenticeship Wage
To provide technical support to the College’s staff and learners with an emphasis on AVA/IT facilities and infrastructure; both within the College and with external partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the helpdesk function – monitoring the telephone, email and web requests and in-person direct enquires
- Install, commission and loan out; audio visual, computer, mobile devices, telephony and printing hardware to agreed standards
- Investigate, locate, record, and when possible, repair faults
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repair with service suppliers
- Assist in IT audits and asset tracking documentation preparation & issue
- Advise and assist users with computer software problems
- Install and document applications packages to agreed standards
- Monitor and maintain key client/server applications, such as online testing, printing and photocopying and library systems.
- Maintain and support user accounts system – including housekeeping and data management.
- Advise and assist users in the use of the College data and telecommunications network
- Investigate, locate, record, and when possible, repair faults in network cabling and hardware
- Ensure all redundant IT equipment is disposed of in accordance with the College’s Environmental Policy. This includes ink and toner cartridge recycling.
- Provide a customer-focused service, dealing with support requests from both staff and learners
- Provide staff development on key IT related issues/solutions
- Respond to support requests in a timely manner and maintain the departmental service level agreement
- Support the general work of the IT team and Reprographics team
- Undertake training as appropriate
- Work evenings and Saturdays as required, for which a time off in lieu system operates
- Responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people that the postholder has responsibility for or contact with.
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required, commensurate with grade and scope of this post and agreed with the relevant line manager.
Applicants must have:
A good standard of general education to a full level 2 standard including Maths / English
A demonstrable interest in IT and user support. E.g.
- The ability to setup, install and test PC workstations, printers, mobile devices etc.
- Experience of computer networks, fault finding and repair.
An understanding of the role of a 1st line support technician.
An understanding of the function of the Helpdesk and the various roles undertaken.
The ability to communicate and interact effectively with people at all levels in a professional manner.
A commitment to providing high levels of customer service
Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the team
The ability to lift and transport IT and AVA equipment
A commitment to undertake training and pass a test on the College’s Safeguarding and Protecting practice, policy and procedures within 3 months of appointment.
Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification in Maths / English (or willingness to complete on appointment)
Understanding of an individual’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons that they come into contact with or have responsibility for.
Company: Claritel Ltd.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week
Wage: £3.50 per hour
An amazing time to join Claritel, a growing telecoms organisation who are looking for the right candidate to join their internal support team as an Support Apprentice in Blackburn. Be part of something bigger and join this fantastic company and start your career in Telecoms & IT.
- First Line Support – The role is to support and assist Claritel business users who utilise their telephone and broadband services
- To provide premium quality telephone and e-mail support to the company’s growing customer base
- Troubleshooting a user problem in a thoughtful and efficient way
- Assist clients in the setup and configuration of their phone systems and configuration of the equipment
- Provision new orders for equipment, connectivity and telecoms lines and services
- Identifying a problem with what can be sometimes limited information from the user to start with
- Giving timely and accurate responses to enquiries
- Completing work activity logs
- Providing customer coaching to help the customer resolve problems themselves.
You may be asked to work passed normal working hours in order to meet deadlines and surpass client expectation’s.
Company Silicone Engineering
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours Mon-Thurs 8.00am-5.00pm Fri 8.30am-12.00 noon
Wage: National Minimum Wage
To provide IT support and general IT maintenance. Maintain a good level of housekeeping in the IT infrastructure.
Key Performance Indicators
- Response time for urgent and non-urgent IT matters.
- Employee development: training hours and willingness to learn.
- Support the IT Manager on a day-to-day basis.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To provide first line IT support for office and factory (i.e. PC/Printer troubleshooting, logon issue) and maintain IT helpdesk.
- Provide day-to-day support for users of company computers and peripherals in a timely manner, but prioritise core tasks.
- To support the IT Manager on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure completion of all tasks and projects defined by the IT Manager in a timely manner. Any outstanding issues or concerns must be highlighted immediately.
- To ensure back-ups are done daily as per data backup procedures.
- To undertake scheduled preventative printer and PC maintenance activities.
- Undertake scheduled asset reviews as designated by IT Manager.
- To provide the IT Manager with a weekly progress report detailing activities completed/outstanding.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required commensurate with the post.
- Support the identification and implementation of technical IT solutions company wide.
- Conduct IT related work in within company guidelines to ensure that best practice procedures are adhered to.
- Understand and follow company Health and Safety guidelines and raise IT related concerns or recommendations with the IT Manager.
- Conduct general housekeeping and maintenance activities from both a physical and IT perspective.
Company Recycle IT
Hours per Week: Monday – Friday (9am-5pm)
Wage: £4.50 per hour
A fantastic opportunity working with in a leading UK based IT disposal and asset management service providers. Recycle IT based in Blackburn are expanding and now is the perfect time to join such a diverse team. Working in a busy department, you will gain skills and experience, from warehousing, data handling to customer engagement, this will be perfect for an enthusiastic, dynamic and creative individual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Refurbishment of IT equipment
- Wiping Data from hardware/computers
- Will be looking at online sales and maybe having their own website (Digital Marketing)
- Onsite installation- unpacking equipment, setting it up on network and testing it to make sure it works. Then bringing back old equipment as part of the service
- Customer facing role, so need to be good at customer services
- Working in the Warehousing with products
- Online sales
They are expanding so the apprentice will be doing a lot of new roles around the business, so they get to understand everything.
A to C Maths and English GCSE
- Can do attitude and enthusiastic
- Willingness to learn
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Good people skills (face to face & on the phone)
- Project Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to work well on your own or as part of a team.