You can find information about our current computing technologies apprenticeship vacancies in the drop down boxes below. However for further information please contact us on:
Call: 01254 354 220
Ref No: NA
Company Silicone Engineering
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours Mon-Thurs 8.00am-5.00pm Fri 8.30am-12.00 noon
Wage: National Minimum Wage
To provide IT support and general IT maintenance. Maintain a good level of housekeeping in the IT infrastructure.
Key Performance Indicators
- Response time for urgent and non-urgent IT matters.
- Employee development: training hours and willingness to learn.
- Support the IT Manager on a day-to-day basis.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To provide first line IT support for office and factory (i.e. PC/Printer troubleshooting, logon issue) and maintain IT helpdesk.
- Provide day-to-day support for users of company computers and peripherals in a timely manner, but prioritise core tasks.
- To support the IT Manager on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure completion of all tasks and projects defined by the IT Manager in a timely manner. Any outstanding issues or concerns must be highlighted immediately.
- To ensure back-ups are done daily as per data backup procedures.
- To undertake scheduled preventative printer and PC maintenance activities.
- Undertake scheduled asset reviews as designated by IT Manager.
- To provide the IT Manager with a weekly progress report detailing activities completed/outstanding.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required commensurate with the post.
- Support the identification and implementation of technical IT solutions company wide.
- Conduct IT related work in within company guidelines to ensure that best practice procedures are adhered to.
- Understand and follow company Health and Safety guidelines and raise IT related concerns or recommendations with the IT Manager.
- Conduct general housekeeping and maintenance activities from both a physical and IT perspective.
Ref No: NA
Company Recycle IT
Hours per Week: Monday – Friday (9am-5pm)
Wage: £4.50 per hour
A fantastic opportunity working with in a leading UK based IT disposal and asset management service providers. Recycle IT based in Blackburn are expanding and now is the perfect time to join such a diverse team. Working in a busy department, you will gain skills and experience, from warehousing, data handling to customer engagement, this will be perfect for an enthusiastic, dynamic and creative individual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Refurbishment of IT equipment
- Wiping Data from hardware/computers
- Will be looking at online sales and maybe having their own website (Digital Marketing)
- Onsite installation- unpacking equipment, setting it up on network and testing it to make sure it works. Then bringing back old equipment as part of the service
- Customer facing role, so need to be good at customer services
- Working in the Warehousing with products
- Online sales
They are expanding so the apprentice will be doing a lot of new roles around the business, so they get to understand everything.
A to C Maths and English GCSE
- Can do attitude and enthusiastic
- Willingness to learn
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Good people skills (face to face & on the phone)
- Project Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to work well on your own or as part of a team.