This course consists of specially selected units which cover the areas important for someone seeking a comprehensive introduction to the child care sector. Course units are focused on children’s welfare and health and safety and cover themes such as:
- Children’s play and leisure activities
- Importance of play for early learning
- Parenting and healthy lifestyles
- Respecting and valuing children
- Rights and responsibilities in relation to parenting
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Sharing learning experiences with children.