In order to achieve the Technical Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) learners must complete 14 mandatory units Guided Learning: 938 (hours), including all the criteria learners must know about within the delivery requirements and Learners taking the Diploma must also complete the extended assessments – CCE1 and DCE2 (externally set, externally marked).
This Diploma is comprised of 14 mandatory units which cover the following key subject areas:
- Child development from conception to seven years
- Child health
- Children’s additional needs
- Children’s health and well-being
- Competence-based professional practice portfolio covering the above areas
- Emergent literacy
- Emergent mathematics
- International perspectives on childcare and education
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Play and learning
- Preparing for school readiness
- Professional partnerships in early years
- Providing safe environments for children
- Reflective practice for professional development.