Website Bright Futures Nursery
Weekly wage: £3.70 per hour
About Bright Futures Nursery
Bright Futures Nursery School is a private day nursery for 52 children ranging between nought to 5 years. It was established in 2012 as a joint venture between Governors of Alder Grange Technology Community High School and St Paul’s CE Primary School .
To attend and participate in team meetings and other nursery activities as required
To participate in relevant in-house and inter-agency training and play an active part in promoting one’s own development
Job Description: Childcare Apprenticeship
- To support the physical, intellectual, linguistic, social and emotional development of babies and young children.
- To work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver quality and flexible early years provision.
- To supportthe welfare of children at all times
- To assist in the creation of a safe, stimulating, attractive and welcoming environment to meet the developmental needs of children.
Key Job Activities
Effective Communication & Engagement
- Establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with children, parents, carers and other professionals.
- To share information sensitively with parents and carers, as appropriate.
Child & Young Person Development
- To assist in the planning and evaluation of the Early Development & Learning Framework designed to promote play and learning.
- To support the delivery of individual and group programmes for the benefit of the child and family.
- To assist with assessment and reviews of children’s developmental needs.
Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of the Child
- To support safety of children by assisting in identifying children at risk in line with safeguarding procedures.
- To fulfil a key person role in conjunction with and under the supervision of an Early Years practitioners.
- Under supervision to ensure the safe custody, administration and disposal of medicines to children in their parent’s/carer’s absence in line with nursery policy and statutory requirements.
- To maintain accurate records and reports determined by nursery procedures and legislation.
- To support children and families transition into using other services and settings
- To interact appropriately with staff from other agencies for the benefit of children and families.
- Sharing Information
- To maintain established health and safety procedures and to bring any matters concerning health and safety to the attention of the management within the centre.
- To work as an integral member of the team.
- To be responsible for the care, maintenance and effective usage of material and equipment.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the post as allocated by line managers
How to apply:
Call:01254 354 220
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org