Website bowker preston bmw
Bowker BMW Apprenticeship Summary.
L2 Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician Bowker BMW
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented, motivated and ambitious individual who is looking to progress their career within a franchised motor retail environment in an apprentice capacity. You must be driven, confident, with the desire and ability to work to and achieve targets and objectives.
- Weekly wage £138.75
- Working week 9.00 to 5.30 (unpaid lunch break 1 hour) 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday Total hours per week: 37.50
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To ensure customer satisfaction in the service and repair of motor vehicles of all types
- To carry out supervised servicing and repairs in a safe, economical, efficient and competent manner, and to carry out such servicing and repair work to BMW standards
- To employ such knowledge and skills as may be required to test vehicles and diagnose faults
- To become a first-class Service Technician
RELATIONSHIPS AND PERSONAL ACTIVITIES
Directly responsible to:
- Aftersales Manager/Service Manager/Workshop Manager
- Safety, economy, and accuracy of work under supervision
- Head of Business, Service Receptionists/Advisers, other Vehicle Technicians, Apprentices and parts department staff, any representatives from BMW (GB) Ltd.
OBJECTIVES AND KEY TASKS
- To report current and possible future vehicle faults and servicing requirements noticed whilst working on vehicles
- To note and report all components, materials and consumables used
Customer service and satisfaction:
- To protect customers’ vehicles with covers and dust sheets etc.
- To safeguard the customers’ vehicle and contents whilst being repaired/serviced etc.
- To ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined and report orally/in writing on general condition of vehicles with emphasis on customer safety
- To ensure that all work carried out is to manufacturers’ safety standards
- To ensure maximum use of technical knowledge and skills to achieve effective, economic and safe service/repair of customers’ vehicles
- To ensure that all hours and material usage are accurately recorded
- To take care not to cause accidental damage to vehicle and components during service or repair
- To minimise wastage of all materials, oils and fluids
- To care for all plant and tools belonging to dealership and not to misuse same
MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle and component serviceability
- To interpret and implement technical service instruction data
- To indent for replacement parts and record usage
- To keep work area clean and tidy
- To ensure vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customer or that faults have been reported and noted on job card
- To make full use of BMW Special Tools, TiS DiS, KDS, and other service and test equipment as available, in order to improve customer service levels and workshop efficiency
- To assist as required with technical duties
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR RESULTS
- All current and potential vehicle faults and servicing requirements noticed when working on vehicles reported to service control
- All manufacturer’s/company’s servicing and repair times adhered to
- All hours worked per job and components, materials and consumables used recorded
- No materials, lubricants or other consumables wasted
- No accidental damage to vehicles or components during servicing/repairs
- All appropriate tests carried out prior to delivery of service/repair jobs
- All tools available for use as per inventory
- All replacement parts usage recorded and indented for
- To ensure the parts used in Warranty work are retained, and are cleaned and drained of oil where necessary
Requirements and prospects
- To have attained a suitable qualification
- To have/be prepared to undertake BMW and other relevant training courses/programs
- To have experience in the servicing and repair of motor vehicles
- To display an ability and desire to progress through the BMW (UK) Technicians Institute
- We see the successful candidate being retained by the business and progressing within the company to the Level 3 Apprenticeship
About the employer
Founded in Lancashire, in 1919, the Bowker Motor Group has grown rapidly to become one of the UK’s premier transport specialists with a reputation for the highest levels of service. We conduct business with integrity and enthusiasm strongly influenced by the philosophies of a well established family business.
Bowker Motor Group’s brand portfolio includes BMW, MINI, Maserati, BMW Motorrad and Harley-Davidson in Preston and Blackburn. Bowker offer Car Lease deals in the North West and have used car Centres in Preston and Blackburn.
At Bowker, on the Docks in Preston, we pride ourselves on offering a unique BMW ownership experience.
How to apply:
Call:01254 354 220