Burnley High School
Accountable to: Office Manager
Salary: £136.90 / week
Hours: 37.5 hours per week 39 Weeks per year (to be conifirmed)
Burnley High School – Apprentice Administration Assistant Job Summary:
The Administration Assistant will assist the Admin Team in providing a welcoming reception service and clerical support.
This role will require excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise and staff, students and parents.
- Clerical Duties: typing reports/letters, photocopying, sending emails, filing, message taking, sorting and distributing post
- Correspondence: responding to enquiries from parents, staff, suppliers and other stakeholders;
- Reception Duties: meet and greet visitors, staff and students courteously and professionally;
- Record Keeping:maintaining manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed;
- Meetings and Events: assist in the organisation of events and meetings ensuring all necessary arrangements are made;
- Main point of contact as Exams Officer or Cover Co-ordinator
- Contribute to the BHS family.
- To promote equal opportunities in education in order that all children and families will gain optimum benefit from the service provided.
- To promote and ensure that all students and young people are happy, healthy, safe, successful and achieve economic wellbeing.
Generic Staff Requirements:
- Uphold the professional standards expected of every member of the school staff in all dealings with colleagues, students, parents/carers and the wider community
- Adhere to the principles expressed in the aims of the school and its mission statement
- Actively contribute to the continued development of the school by attending training, participating in relevant meetings and putting forward ideas for improvement
- Be a positive, collaborative team member
- Apply all school policies in all aspects of the role
- Keep up to date with all aspects of the safeguarding policy and familiar with Keeping Children Safe in Education document
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities for this post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified, especially in the context of a new and growing school, which requires flexibility in all its employees.
This job description is current at the date shown but, in consultation with the post holder, may be changed by the Head Teacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
All post holders are accountable through the Chapel Street Trust and Burnley High School Performance Management Policy. The Governors and Head Teachers of the Chapel St Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and ensuring that safer recruitment procedures are in place.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Burnley and the North West. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age or disability. This job description will be reviewed annually. The post-holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities when necessary to ensure the effective running of the school
How to apply:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com