Website MILLBROOK PROVING GROUND LIMITED
Accrington & Rossendale College have a fantastic vacancy as an IT Apprentice based at Millbrook Proving Group LTD. Millbrook Proving Group LTD provide support to the IT Manager in troubleshooting and rectifying IT hardware and software issues across the business.
Annual wage: £14,000.00
Working week Shifts: TBC by employer
Total hours per week: 37.00
Positions: 1 available
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receive and log calls to IT help desk
- Manage faults and requests providing proactive and timely communication
- Own and be fully accountable for incidents, faults and service requests through to final resolution and satisfactory conclusion
- Provide telephone support where appropriate to resolve user issues
- Provide physical support to install and relocate IT and communications hardware as required
- Document and coordinate user acceptance testing/training plans
- Provide support to the IT Manager as required
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- Flexibility to work outside of office hours when required
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and work on own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage customer expectations in particular conflicting and changing priorities
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- A natural interest in Information Technology
- Keen and willing to learn
- Helpful and personable
- High attention to detail
- Work experience in a relevant arena would be an advantage
- Basic IT hardware understanding would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including maths, English and Science
- A-level or equivalent in IT related area would be an advantage
- Working towards or willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 in a relevant IT discipline
Potential permanent role in IT for the right candidate.
About the employer
Millbrook provides vehicle test and validation services and systems to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical and defence industries. It is independent and impartial in everything it does.
It has a range of test facilities for full vehicles, tyres and components. These include varied outdoor and indoor test tracks in the UK and Northern Finland, engine dynamometers, environmental chambers, e-motor and e-axle test cells, portable emissions measurement systems (PEMS), structural test laboratories, crash laboratories including a state-of-the-art ServoSled, interior systems laboratories, battery test facilities and advanced emissions chassis dynamometers.
Millbrook designs, builds, installs, and services dynamometer test systems and an associated data acquisition and control system.
Millbrook’s employees are passionate about safety, customer service and technical excellence, making them ideal partners at any stage in the development and launch of the vehicles of tomorrow.
It is part of the Test and Measurement business segment of Spectris plc.
MILLBROOK PROVING GROUND LIMITED
How to apply:
Call:01254 354 220
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com