Benefits of working at AccRoss College
The College campus at Broad Oak is located on the outskirts of Accrington amongst protected trees, acres of grass and many birds, squirrels and other wildlife, including our very own bees and the College cat, Ravi!
There are numerous events throughout the year so everyone can get involved in College life, including ‘The Great Accross Bake-Off’, the Christmas Quiz, Wellbeing days, all kinds of charity fund-raising activities as well as Staff Sports clubs held in our brand new Sports facilities.
The College holds the Positive about Disabled People (Two Ticks) Award, the Navajo Kitemark for Lesbian and Gay-friendly services, the Matrix quality standard for Information and Guidance Services and we are proud to have taken the UNICEF Breastfeeding Friendly Pledge. We are constantly looking for ways to promote wellbeing at work and ensure our staff are healthy and happy.
We work hard and we expect a lot of our staff, but in return we offer excellent conditions of service including:
- Competitive salaries for the sector and the local areas
- Occupational Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Access to the Teachers’ or Local Government CARE pension schemes.
- A generous annual leave entitlement for all staff with a minimum of 37 days for full-time posts (pro rata for fractional staff).
- The College closes over the Christmas period for a two week break.
- A childcare voucher scheme
- Flexi-time arrangements for some support posts
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- A paid Special Leave Policy
- An established Flexible Working Policy
- A number of term-time only posts
- Free Employee Assistance Programme which gives access to a wide range of support including counselling, legal advice and self-help booklets
- Free on-site health screening and advice from our occupational health nurse
- Health cash plans
- Healthy Living Events throughout the year including Smoking Cessation, Drug Awareness and Healthy Eating
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Staff sports clubs including football, trampolining, running and badminton
- College wide commitment to recognising and valuing the diversity of our staff
- Subsidised refectory
- Discounted membership to the on-site gym and sports facilities
- Aspire staff discount scheme
- STAR awards in recognition of Outstanding contribution to the College
- Staff discount and special offers at ‘Seasons’ Hair & Beauty Salons and a range of professional products including Wella, Dermalogica, Orly and Eve Taylor available to buy from Seasons reception
- Excellent food at ‘Roots Restaurant′ located in our brand new Visitor Economy Centre, with guest chefs, theme nights and fine dining menus throughout the year as well as on site catering short courses.
- Roots’ shop provides fresh hot meals, sandwiches, salads, cakes and breads to take away, prepared by our Hospitality and Catering students
- Special offers from our Painting and Decorating teams
- Exciting productions by our Performing Arts students and external groups in the Coppice Theatre
- Discounted Hi-Life Dining Card
- Starbucks outlet on site
- A thriving culture of professional development and support for career progression
- Access to College courses free of charge or at a subsidised rate
- Visits and masterclasses from professionals at the top of their field – Lee Stafford, Nigel Haworth, Lisa Allen, Julie Hesmondhalgh to name a few.
- Support for career breaks / sabbaticals (depending on your job role)
- Long Service Awards
- Free on-site car parking
- Social events such as quizzes and race nights