|Level 2 Auto Electrical Specialist|
|Venue:||Accrington and Rossendale College|
|Awarding Body:||IMI Awards Ltd|
|Entry Requirements:||Students are required to have completed Level 1 Light Vehicle Technician course, or equivalent. GCSE Mathematics grade 4 and English grade 3 as a minimum.|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
This course is part of our new Transitions Programme – a unique and individualised programme for Level 2 students. The course will support you in developing the key personal, technical and professional skills you need in order to get ahead, whether you want to progress to Level 3 or employment in your chosen sector.
The course will give you the opportunity to engage and develop your skills that you have gained from the previous Level 1 course. Typically, auto electrical students look into problem solving situations and analyse faults, as well as developing skills and attributes essential for a successful career in the Motor Vehicle industry.
What will I learn?
• Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and Associated industries
• Knowledge of Construction Technology
• Develop New Skills of Fitting Daytime Running Lamps, Spot Lamps, Towbar Systems and More
• Locate and Correct Simple Electrical Faults and Demonstrate Knowledge of Reading Schematic Wiring Diagrams
• Enhancing Vehicle Electrical System Features, Upgrading Car Stereo, Fitting Hands-free for Legal Purposes
• Demonstrate Competence in Completion of Pre and Post Work Inspections
• Demonstrate Removal and Fitting of Mechanical, Electrical Trim Component
How will the course be assessed?
You will be assessed by the IMI set practical assessments, online multiple-choice testing and assessments set by us.
Progression and Careers
Successful completion of all aspects of this course can lead to progression onto Level 3 or employment in your chosen sector.