|Level 3 Auto Electrical Specialist|
|Venue:||Accrington and Rossendale College|
|Awarding Body:||IMI Awards Ltd|
|Level:||Level 3 Auto Electrical Specialist|
|Entry Requirements:||Students are required to have completed Level 2 Light Vehicle Technician or Auto Electrical Specialist course, or equivalent. GCSE Mathematics and English at grade 3 or above.|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
On this course you will further develop your skills that you have gained from the previous Level 2 course. Typically, the course covers all aspects of complex in depth analysis of motor vehicle auto electrical systems and diagnostics. You will need to complete mandatory assignments and online tests. As part of the course you will be required to complete work experience in a motor vehicle environment.
This course covers all elements of auto electrical diagnostics and repair.
What will I learn?
• Knowledge and Interpretation of Technical Information (Advanced)
• Knowledge and Analysis of Component Construction (Advanced)
• Engine, Auxiliary Systems, Chassis and Transmission Fault Diagnosis Including DSG Gearbox Diagnostics
• Customer Satisfaction Skills
• Fault Finding Techniques (Advanced)
• Analysis of Live Data and Interpretation
• Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Diagnostics and Awareness
How will the course be assessed?
You will be assessed by the IMI set practical assessments, online multiple-choice testing and assessments set by us.
Progression and Careers
Successful completion of all aspects of this course can lead to the employment in the auto-electrical engineering industry, or into an Apprenticeship.