|Brickwork Level 1|
|Entry Requirements:||2 GCSEs at grade 2 or above including Mathematics and English.|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
This course will give students the opportunity to engage in learning and develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life. It will also develop your knowledge and awareness of brickwork.
What will I learn?
Typically the course covers the basic aspects of bricklaying such as half brick walling, solid walling, cavity walling, mixing of materials and setting out a basic structure.
• Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
• Knowledge of Technical Information
• Knowledge of Construction Technology
• Constructing Block Walling
• Constructing Brick Walling
• Constructing Cavity Walling
• Setting out Basic Structures
• Mixing Construction Materials
How will the course be assessed?
The brickwork Level 1 diploma will be assessed by practical end tests and online end of unit tests.
Progression and Careers
Successful completion of all elements of this course can lead to the Brickwork Level 2 study programme or ideally on to a Level 2 Brickwork Apprenticeship.