|Intermediate Level Apprenticeship|
|Type:||Intermediate Level Apprenticeship|
|Awarding Body:||City & Guilds of London Institute|
|Entry Requirements:||GCSE English grade D/5 (or equivalent GCSE Maths grade D/5 (or equivalent College interview Applicants who do not meet the exact entry requirements may also be considered. Applicants who have not achieved at least a grade C/4 in English and maths will continue to study these subjects alongside their chosen college course.|
Cleaning and Environmental Service professionals make a difference to all our lives, although the work often goes ‘unseen’.
Cleaners ensure that the places we work in and the public places we use are attractive, safe and hygienic.
Apprentices could work in a variety of settings such as hospitals, schools, factories, state of the art offices and shopping centres.
Cleaning and Environmental Services Apprenticeships provide learners with skills to progress within cleaning roles.
Areas covered include cleaning confined spaces and specialist machinery, controlling the spread of infection to working effectively with others.
Support will be offered to find your apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
- Reduce the risks to Health and Safety in the workplace
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Develop yourself in your job role
- Clean and Maintain internal surfaces and areas
- Deal with routine and non-routine waste
- Clean washrooms and replenish supplies
Other units dependant on job role in the workplace.
The nine national outcomes for the employee rights and responsibilities (ERR) will be met by the completion of a checklist at induction to the programme.
This framework includes the mapping of Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) which have been mapped to the mandatory units of the knowledge and competence qualification. They are:
- Independent enquirers
- Creative thinkers
- Reflective learners
- Team workers
- Effective participators
How will the course be assessed?
You will be assessed through onsite visits and reviews.
Materials and other information
You will gain the following qualifications
- Certificate in Cleaning and Support Service
- Skills Level 2
- Certificate in Cleaning Principles Level 2
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
For more information, or an informal discussion about your needs, please contact Lauren Thomas:
Call: 01254 354220
Progression and Careers
Possible progression opportunities are:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Cleaning Supervision
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Facilities Management
- Qualifications in Team Leading
- Progression to team leader, supervisor roles
- Into higher level management positions, managing several contracts and a large number of staff.
Possible employment outcomes:
- Cleaning Operative
- Hygiene Operative
- Food Premises Cleaner
- Window Cleaner
- Specialist Cleaner
- Street Cleaning Operatives
- Specialist Carpet & Floor Cleaners