|Intermediate Level Apprenticeship|
|Type:||Intermediate Level Apprenticeship|
|Awarding Body:||CITB CSKILLS Construction Skills|
|Entry Requirements:||English grade D/5 (or equivalent), Maths grade D/5 (or equivalent), College interview|
The Construction Civil Engineering framework has a role in supplying a qualified workforce to small and medium enterprises (SME’s)
An apprenticeship in construction follows a pattern of vocational training to meet the requirements of a Construction Skills’ approved framework.
This apprenticeship is made up of practical and theoretical units of Construction & Civil Engineering. Practical work is carried out on our unique outdoor training area using tools and equipment that are used throughout industry and materials sponsored by leading suppliers, both regional and national.
Lecturers / assessors are well qualified and are up to date with all current industry construction methods and are involved regionally and nationally working with awarding bodies and suppliers and manufacturers.
Support will be offered to find your apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understand information, quantities and communication with others
- Understand civil engineering technology
- Establish work area protection and safety
- Lay domestic drainage
- Place and finish non-specialist concrete
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Establishing work area protection and safety in the workplace
- Installing drainage in the workplace
- Reinstating ground conditions in the workplace
The nine national outcomes for the employee rights and responsibilities (ERR) will be met by the completion of an induction programme.
This framework includes the mapping of Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) which have been mapped to the mandatory units of the knowledge and competence qualification. They are:
- Independent enquirers
- Creative thinkers
- Reflective learners
- Team workers
- Effective participators
You will achieve the following qualifications
- Construction & Civil Engineering Diploma Level 2
- General Construction Operations NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
How will the course be assessed?
You will be assessed through onsite visits, reviews and an online portfolio.
Materials and other information
Applicants who do not meet the exact entry requirements may also be considered.
Applicants who have not achieved at least a grade C/4 in English and maths will continue to study these subjects alongside their chosen college course.
For more information, or an informal discussion about your needs, please contact Lauren Thomas:
Call: 01254 354220
Progression and Careers
There is not an advanced apprenticeship for construction operations as requirements of the occupational area are covered at this level. However, after gaining work experience there are opportunities to progress into plant operations related to construction operations and also occupational work supervision, management or technical support areas.
Possible employment outcomes:
- Ground Worker
- Construction Operations
- Trainee Site Agent