|Higher Level Apprenticeship|
|Type:||Higher Level Apprenticeship|
|Entry Requirements:||English grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent), Maths grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent), Level 3 Construction qualification, Currently employed|
The Higher Level Apprenticeship in Construction Site Supervision (Construction) Level 4 has been developed to meet the needs of the following sectors, Building and Civil Engineering, Highways and Maintenance Repairs, Residential Development, Conservation, Demolition and Tunnelling, this broad range of occupational areas is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace and demonstrate knowledge and understanding through the technical certificate.
- Provide progression from Occupational Work Supervision
- Provide progression onto Level 5 and above
- Allow entry onto degree programmes
- Assist retention and provide a pathway for experienced workers
- • Improving supervisory, management and leadership skills
What will I learn?
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Systems for Construction Projects
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
You will achieve the following qualifications:
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) Construction and the Built Environment Level 4
- NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
How will the course be assessed?
You will be assessed through onsite visits, reviews and an online portfolio.
Materials and other information
Applicants who do not meet the exact entry requirements may also be considered.
Applicants who have not achieved at least a grade C/4 in English and maths will continue to study these subjects alongside their chosen college course.
For more information, or an informal discussion about your needs, please contact Lauren Thomas:
Call: 01254 354220
Progression and Careers
This Apprenticeship pathway provides excellent progression into:
- Level 5 Diploma in Construction Management
- Foundation Degree Professional Practice in Construction Operations Management
- BA (Hons) Construction Site Management
- BA (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management at Level 6
Possible employment outcomes:
- Construction Technical Supervisor
- Project Manager
- Construction Site Manager