|Intermediate Level Apprenticeship|
|Entry Requirements:||English grade D/5 (or equivalent) Maths grade D/5 (or equivalent) College interview Applicants who do not meet the exact entry requirements may also be considered. Applicants who have not achieved at least a grade C/4 in English and maths will continue to study these subjects alongside their chosen college course.|
Facilities Management (FM) involves providing a quality and cost effective maintenance and care service for a wide range of commercial and public buildings, such as hotels, hospitals, office and shopping complexes, arenas, educational or convention centres. Facilities Managers make sure that facilities such as security, catering and cleaning (referred to as ‘soft’ services) and maintenance and building services (referred to as ‘hard’ services) run smoothly, so that customers can run their businesses efficiently.
The purpose of this apprenticeship is to provide apprentices with skills to progress within Facilities service roles.
Areas covered include providing a quality and cost effective maintenance and care service for a wide range of commercial and public buildings, property and estate management and environmental protection.
Support will be offered to find your apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
- Reduce the risks to Health and Safety in the workplace
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Develop yourself in your job role
- Routine and non-routine waste
- Moving and transport
- Working safely at heights
- Develop customer relationships
- Safety and security
Other units dependant on job role in the workplace.
How will the course be assessed?
You will be assessed through onsite visits and reviews.
- Certificate in Facilities Services Level 2
- Certificate in Facilities Services Principles Level 2
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
Materials and other information
For more information, or an informal discussion about your needs, please contact Lauren Thomas:
Call: 01254 354220
Progression and Careers
Possible progression routes could be as follows:
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Facilities Management
- Progression to team leader, supervisor roles
- Level 3 Diploma in Property, Care-taking and Supervision Skills
- First Line Management qualifications at Level 3
Possible employment outcomes:
- Cleaning Operative
- Facilities Service Operatives