|Level 1 Painting and Decorating|
|Entry Requirements:||2 GCSEs at grade 2 or above including Mathematics and English|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
This course will give students the opportunity to engage in learning and develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life. It will also develop your knowledge and awareness of painting and decorating. Typically the course covers the preparation of surfaces, decorative finishes, application of coatings, application of wall coverings and working at height.
What will I learn?
• Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
• Knowledge of Technical Information
• Knowledge of Construction Technology
• Erecting and Dismantling Access Equipment
• Preparing common surface types for decoration
• Applying Basic Paint Systems by Brush and Roller
• Applying Foundation and Technical Papers
• Producing Standard Decorative Finishes
How will the course be assessed?
Your diploma will be assessed by practical end tests and online end of unit tests.
Progression and Careers
Successful completion of this study programme can will lead to the Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating study programme or in to an Apprenticeship.