|Level 1 Plastering|
|Entry Requirements:||2 GCSEs at grade 2 or above including Mathematics and English.|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
This course will give students the opportunity to engage in learning and develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life. It will also develop your knowledge and awareness of plastering.
What will I learn?
Typically the course covers mixing of plasters, applying plasters to various backgrounds, forming moulds and floor screeding.
• Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
• Knowledge of Technical Information
• Knowledge of Construction Technology
• Preparing Background Surfaces
• Applying Plaster Materials to Backgrounds
• Producing Components from Moulds
• Forming Sand and Cement Screeds
How will the course be assessed?
Your diploma will be assessed by practical end tests and online end of unit tests.
Progression and Careers
Successful completion of this course can lead to the Level 2 study programme in Plastering, or ideally into an Apprenticeship.