Accrington & Rossendale College has a wide range of courses available from Catering & Hospitality to Sport & Fitness. Our courses are available at all different levels, which means you can start at whatever stage is right for you. The level you study at will depend on the GCSE grades you get.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions by students.
Full Time Open Events:
- Tuesday 25th September 2018
- Monday 15th September 2018
- Wednesday 14th November 2018
Apprenticeship Open Events:
- Wednesday 3rd October 2018
If you are unable to attend our main College Open Evenings and would like some information and guidance, please call us on 01254 354052 to arrange a visit to the College.
You can make an application to the College in one of the following ways:
- Online form
- Paper application form (can be found in our main College prospectus)
To avoid disappointment, we strongly recommend you send in your application form as soon as possible.
- If you are 16 – 18 studying a full-time course you won’t have to pay any course or exam fees.
- If you are 19+ fees vary depending on the type of course you wish to study and on your personal circumstances. Please contact our Career Guidance Team on 01254 354354 for more information.
- If you are 24+ studying a Level 3 qualification or above then an Advanced Learning Loan is available to cover the cost of your course fees. Please click here to read about the different ways of paying for your course.
If you don’t get the grades you expect, don’t worry, there are still a wide range of options for you to consider. Please call 01254 354 354 to see what we can do for you.
If you have accepted an unconditional offer you will be invited to College to fill in an enrolment form.
If you have been offered a conditional offer, this means you will need certain GCSE grades for your chosen course, and can enrol once you have received your results.
You have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities whilst studying at College, click here to see what’s on offer.
COLLEGE HOLIDAY DATES ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/20
Monday 7th January 2019 – Start of term
Friday 15th February 2019 – Classes finish for half term
Tuesday 26th February 2019 – Classes start again
Friday 5th April 2019 – End of term
Tuesday 23rd April 2019 – Start of term
Friday 24th May 2019- Classes finish for half term
Monday 3rd June 2019- Classes start again
Friday 21st June 2019 – End of term (Vocational)
Wednesday 26th June 2019 – End of term (A Level)
Monday 2 September 2019 – Start of term for new Vocational students and returning A Level students
Tuesday 3 September 2019 – Start of term for new A Level students and returning Vocational students
Thursday 17 October 2019 – Classes finish for half term
Monday 28 October 2019 – Students return
Thursday 19 December 2019 – End of term (students)
Friday 20 December 2019 – End of term (staff)
Monday 6 January 2020 – Start of term
14 February 2020 – Classes finish for half term
Tuesday 25 February 2020 – Students return
Friday 3 April 2020 – End of term
Monday 20 April 2020 – Start of term
Friday 22 May 2020 – Classes finish for half term
Monday 1 June 2020 – Students return
Friday 19 June 2020 – End of term (Vocational)
Friday 26 June 2020 – End of term (A Levels)