Information for Visitors
Welcome to Accrington and Rossendale College Information for Visitors
Accrington and Rossendale College is committed to the wellbeing and development of all its students. We recognise our legal obligation towards keeping all our students, staff and visitors safe whilst on site. We have CCTV across the campus to safeguard the college community.
We do not wish to impose undue restrictions on our visitors, however, in the interest of safety to College learners it is important that all visitors adhere to the requirements listed below.
All visitors must adhere to the following requirements:
• Report to College Reception and sign in.
• Wait in the Reception area to be collected by the person you are meeting or to be escorted by a member of our staff.
• Clearly display your visitor badge at all times during your visit.
• Ensure you are accompanied by a member of staff at all times.
• Unless agreed as part of your visit, do not approach, communicate, take photos, videos or request, obtain or share personal information with learners.
• Do not enter any of the following areas unaccompanied without permission:
– Study Rooms
– Downtools Café, Study Break and the Interval Refectory
– Student Rest Areas
• Return to the College Reception at the end of
your visit to sign out.
Any visitors not displaying a visitor badge:
Will be escorted back to the College Reception to confirm the reason for their visit.
Health and safety:
All alarms must be treated as an emergency.
On hearing the fire alarm, please remain with your host and make your way directly to the nearest emergency exit, and wait at a designated assembly point.
If you require first aid whilst on the College premises, please speak to your host or contact Reception (Ext. 4012 or 01254 354012) who will identify an available First Aider.
If you have any additional needs that the College can assist you with during your visit, please do not hesitate to raise these with your host, preferably prior to your visit.
Smoking is not permitted on Accrington and Rossendale premises except in the designated smoking areas. Please ask at Reception where the designated smoking areas are if in any doubt.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak to the Receptionist.
Click here to download this information guide.
Thank you for your co-operation and enjoy your visit.