If you’re looking to add a new recruit to your organisation or up-skill your existing workforce, consider Accrington and Rossendale College for a professional and innovative approach to training.
We are committed to ensuring our services are demand-led in response to the needs of employers and are a key player in workforce development across the country. We have a network of highly qualified and experienced tutors and assessors capable of delivering training and learning in the workplace, or at specialist facilities.
We offer a wide range of high-quality business services including business consultancy, top-up training, staff development and short and long courses, many of which are bespoke to fit around the needs of each individual business and include English and maths skills.
We help to improve the skills of the workforce by:
- Engaging with employers and providing solutions fit for purpose.
- Identifying training needs in companies.
- Providing flexible training with industry experienced trainers and assessors.
- Providing impartial guidance for companies.
- Using innovation technology to ensure the learner is getting a learning method to suit their lives.
Why up skill with us?
- Discounts available for group bookings.
- Most of our courses can be delivered at your place of work or
- at our site.
- We can offer funding on many courses and some courses
- can even be delivered for FREE.
- We do not charge VAT on many courses.
- We tailor our courses to fit around your working life.
If you would like to train in a specific area call us and we can write a bespoke course specifically for you. Most industries covered.
How we will help you?
- Assess learner competence in the workplace.
- Conduct an effective induction to the programme.
- Ensure that you are able to support learners on the programme.
- Identify existing employees who may benefit from learning.
- Monitor learner progress and provide help and support where necessary.
- Organise initial assessments on all applicants identifying reading, writing and number skills prior to and during induction. We will advise you on the most likely NVQ that can be attained by the individual within the working environment.
- Plan and design training programmes to meet your needs and those of the individual.
- Provide on-going support to you and your staff in all aspects of the above.
- Provide on-the-job support and assessment to support and assist the learning that is taking place.
- Support the learning and assessment of Skills for Work as part of the programme where required.
- Work with National Awarding Bodies such as City & Guilds and CiTB to award nationally recognised qualifications (NVQs) for learners.
Areas of professional development covered include:
- Advice and Guidance
- Barbering and Hairdressing
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- Construction Trades
- Counselling, Mental Health and Psychotherapy
- Crime and Trauma Scene Cleaning
- CSCS courses and CSCS Testing Centre
- Education and Training
- English and Maths
- First Aid and Paediatric First Aid
- Fitness Instructor
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
- Leadership and Management
- Personal Training
- School Cleaning
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
and many, many more.