Website Stanley House Hotel
Apprenticeship level 2
Vacancies available: 1
Company: Stanley House Hotel
Web address: https://www.stanleyhouse.co.uk/
Hours per week: Up to 40 hours (Shifts TBC by Employer)
Salary: £212.00 (National apprenticeships wage = £3.70 per hour)
We are a privately owned, luxury, 30 bedroom hotel with extensive conference and banqueting, a high end grill style restaurant and a bar/brasserie located just outside Blackburn in Lancashire BB2 7NP.
We are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking Commis Chef to join our busy kitchen.
The successful candidates will have the ambition and desire to succeed in this fast-paced environment whilst willing to learn and improve their own skill set from our vastly experienced team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Working alongside Chef’s learning practical cookery/food preparation skills
- Work using safe and hygienic working practices
- The Apprentice chef will be trained how to use knives, work to multiple food checks, prepare dishes according to our menu, organisation of work area, work to Environmental Health and Safety standards
- The ideal candidate should be able to work in a team, use their own initiative and be proactive and confident in their approach to work.
This is list is a brief description and the employer will cover this in more detail on interview if you are successful.
Qualifications / skills required:
- GCSE A-C in English or maths (or equivalents)
- Must have at least one years’ experience
- Must want to develop a career as a chef
- Be able to maintain clean working areas and follow Health and Safety best practice
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well spoken
- Must have a passion for cooking
- Have a can do attitude, team player
- Must thrive in a pressurised environment whilst being able to work efficiently and calmly whilst at the same time promoting good working relations in the Kitchen
How to apply:
Call:01254 354 220
Click here to view our CV Examples (Please check this before submitting your CV for any of our apprenticeship vacancies)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.