Guess what? There has never been a better time to start an Apprenticeship with Nelson and Colne College Group!
What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a real job with training. You can earn a wage while working towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification linked to your chosen career.
Here at Nelson and Colne College Group, we offer Apprenticeships in a wide range of sectors and can provide you with the vital support and guidance you need to find your dream job:
- Business and Professional Services
- Catering and Hospitality
- Construction Trades and Building Services (Accrington and Rossendale College only)
- Education and Childcare
- Engineering and Manufacturing (Nelson and Colne College only)
- Hair and Beauty
- Health and Social Care
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Accrington and Rossendale campus only)
What are the benefits of an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship gives you a real insight and experience within the world of work. It enables you to demonstrate to employers that you have the skills and knowledge not only to do the job, but to go far. As well as providing you with that competitive edge within the jobs market. Benefits include:
- You earn a salary
- You receive training in the skills employers want
- There are excellent progression opportunities
- You have increased future earning potential
- There are better long-term salary prospects
- You will learn at a pace suited to you with the support of a dedicated Trainer Assessor
- You get paid holidays
- Apprenticeships are equivalent to a full-time academic qualification
Did you know? The Apprenticeship Team here at Nelson and Colne College Group offer a unique Pre-Apprenticeship Support Service working with you to find employment and develop your skills to make you more attractive to potential employers.
Download our Apprenticeship Guide here.