Accrington and Rossendale College is an extraordinary place to study and the only Ofsted Outstanding further education provider in Lancashire! We have a proud history of delivering high quality vocational courses and technical training, apprenticeships and higher education provision to the communities that we serve. We excel in providing people with a platform to progress into fantastic employment opportunities with rewarding career prospects.
After merging and joining forces with Nelson and Colne College Group back in 2018, we have been reaping the mutual benefits of partnering with such a successful and leading further education provider. Foremost, our receiving of the Outstanding rating from our latest Ofsted inspection is a marked indicator of our continued growth over time, culminating in the prestigious recognition of our excellence.
Our state-of-the-art modern Hyndburn campus has just benefitted from £4 million in renovations and developments, with further funding being granted for more work to be done in the very near future.
Included within the redevelopment are brand new industry-standard Hair and Beauty salons, innovative study spaces, and a revamped specialist Learning Resource Centre. There are also dedicated Learner Services and Careers areas and a remodelled and modern student Refectory.
Coming soon is the redevelopment of the Construction and Automotive building and transformational green space creation to enhance the campus environment, creating a college with the best facilities and one that is fit for developing talented people for years to come.
Some of the College Group’s key achievements:
99% A Level Pass Rate
- 67% of students received exclusively A*-C grades
- 40% of students received exclusively A*-B grades
- 14% of students received exclusively A*-A grades
- 96% of students received at least one A*-C grade
- 82% of students received at least one A*-B grade
- 47% of students received at least one A*-A grade
All learners in the following subjects exclusively received A*-C grades: Textiles; Politics; Further Mathematics; Religious Studies and Media
Advanced Vocational Pass Rate 99%
- Percentage of students received exclusively D*- M, 88%
- Percentage of students received exclusively D*- D, 48%
- Percentage of students received at least one D*- M, 97%
- Percentage of students received at least one D*- D, 74%