09:30 to 12:30
8 week course
This course is designed for learners seeking the skills and knowledge needed to work in the world of business. It will provide learners with the underpinning knowledge that is required by employees to work in a range of different environments in a business administration role.
The course will cover a wide range of subject areas to give you a great insight into the business sector. This will enable you to learn new skills or upskill your current skills and qualities. You will develop essential knowledge of how to carry out administrative tasks such as how to manage information and supporting events as well as know how to apply their knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
What will I learn?
- Principles of providing administrative services
- An exploration of administrative support, equipment and ICT packages for administrative tasks and the impact of customer service upon businesses.
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Examining the role of different business documents, the purpose of quality control upon corporate identity and reviewing relevant legislation for retrieval, storage and distribution.
- Understand communication in a business environment
- Exploring methods of communication, the role of teamwork and the benefits upon a business.
- Understand employer organisations
- Identifying internal and external factors that influence a business, different organisational structures and the features of legal structures that exist within an organisation.
- Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Researching the role of conflict management techniques, the importance of buddy systems within organisations and the purpose of feedback upon professional development.
- Know how to publish, integrate and share using social media
- Identifying the benefits and risks of the use of social media platforms for businesses, governments and social groups, highlighting threats to user safety and how to minimise
risks to security and privacy. - Principles of digital marketing - Explore the use of targeted digital marketing within a whole marketing strategy, explaining the purpose of functions such as SEO and CRM and its advantages for a business.
How will the course be assessed?
Through our online learning resources by accessing our Virtual Learning Environments.
You will gain both verbal and written feedback from your tutor throughout the course.
Materials and other information
Please ensure you have access to the internet and/or a tablet or laptop to engage with the online learning.
Progression and Careers
Your tutor will be in regular contact offering feedback and support. You will able to log onto the virtual learning environment and check your own progress as well as your tutor feedback. Your tutor will provide both written and verbal feedback on a regular basis.