|Carpentry and Joinery Level 2|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 3 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English Language and/or Mathematics OR a relevant Level 1 Diploma and GCSE English Language and/or Mathematics at Grade 3 or above. If you don’t quite achieve these entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This course is part of our Transitions Programme – a unique and individualised programme for Level 2 students. The course will support you in developing the key personal, technical and professional skills you need in order to get ahead, whether you want to progress to Level 3, employment or an apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
• The Carpentry and Joinery Transitions programme is made up of subject specific practical skills including site joinery, bench joinery and First Aid training.
• Areas of study may include: safe working practices, enterprise skills and awareness of different client groups.
• You will also work on your Maths and English skills.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal and external assessments. • Industry standard joinery workshop. • Dedicated Construction Centre within a newly redeveloped campus.
Materials and other information
• You will have the opportunity to take part in regional and national Trade competitions. • We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College. • Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed. • We also have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.