|Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Level 3
Minimum GCSE grade 4 or equivalent in English and maths.
This Apprenticeship programme ensures Apprentices are equipped to become highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
Created in partnership with employers the apprenticeship meets the needs of industry and in conjunction with our industry expert Assessors means that apprentices become highly trained practitioners ready to make a positive difference to the industry in which they work and the lives of young people.
What will I learn?
- The expected patterns of children’s development from birth to 5 years, gaining an understanding of further development from age 5 to 7 years
- Supporting children’s group learning and socialisation
- Understanding of a range of underpinning theories and philosophical approaches to how children learn and develop, and their influence on practice
- The potential effects of, and how to prepare and support children through, transitions and significant events in their lives
- Understanding the current early education curriculum requirements such as the Early Years Foundation Stage
How will the course be assessed?
A range of assessment methods will be used throughout the programme to support the progression and development of your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that are all relevant to the apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship standard will be achieved via externally assessed End Point Assessments.
This may include:
- A knowledge test
- A practical observation
- A professional discussion
Materials and other information
- Industry expert Assessors providing continuous support throughout the programme
- We work with a large range of employers
- Employers have worked to co-create the programme making it highly industry relevant
Progression and Careers
• Nursery Manager
• Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
• Education Welfare Officer
• Play Therapist
• Teaching Assistant