12 week course
This programme provides learners with increased awareness of a range of common health conditions and their effects on individuals. Completing this qualification can support learners with moving into a healthcare role and gaining employment within the Health and Social Care sector.
Learners will investigate a range of specific conditions in more depth and develop their understanding of how t support individuals with these conditions.
These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progressing to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
What will I learn?
This qualification consists of the mandatory unit: Principles of monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions. Learners will also complete a number of optional units which may include a selection from the following:
• Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health
• Understand cardiovascular disease
• Stroke awareness
• Arthritis awareness
• Understand physical disability
• Parkinson’s disease awareness
Learners will find out more about each condition including warning signs and symptoms and investigate the impact it can have in an individual’s life. They will investigate treatment methods and management options available.
How will the course be assessed?
Learners will be given access to a comprehensive online learning platform which will provide them with detailed knowledge and information to support their successful completion of each unit.
Further self-directed research is encouraged to expand learner’s understanding of key topics.
Materials and other information
The Additional Learning Support Team work across college supporting students with a variety of learning needs in different ways. Support can be requested at enrolment or at any point throughout your course. For more information about ALS or for support booking onto a course telephone 0333 0031717
Progression and Careers
· Clear deadlines will be provided for each unit to ensure the qualification is completed within the set time frame.
· Completion and progress on each unit is clearly identified on the learner’s online dashboard.
· Learners will receive regular written feedback throughout the course including opportunities for further development.