12 week course
This programme is designed for any learner that wants to gain and understanding of autism and the principles of supporting autistic individuals.
These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progressing to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
What will I learn?
All units within the qualification are mandatory and you will gain knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
· Best practice relating to Autism
· Living with Autism
· Signs, symptoms and diagnosis of autism
· Sources of information, support, legislation, and guidance relevant to autism
How will the course be assessed?
Learners will be given access to a comprehensive online learning platform which will provide them with detailed knowledge and information to support their successful completion of each unit.
Further self-directed research is encouraged to expand learner’s understanding of key topics.
Materials and other information
The Additional Learning Support Team work across college supporting students with a variety of learning needs in different ways. Support can be requested at enrolment or at any point throughout your course. For more information about ALS or for support booking on to a course telephone 0333 0031717.
Progression and Careers
· Clear deadlines will be provided for each unit to ensure the qualification is completed within the set time frame.
· Completion and progress on each unit is clearly identified on the learner’s online dashboard.
· Learners will receive regular written feedback throughout the course including opportunities for further development.