|Start Date:||29th March 2020|
|Time:||1pm - 2.30pm|
Would you know what to do if a loved on suffered a cardiac arrest? If not, now is the time to become a Lancashire Lifesaver!
BBC Radio Lancashire – along with Lancashire Adult Learning, Lancashire County Council and the North West Ambulance Service – have launched the #LancashireLifesaver campaign to train as many people across the county as possible.
This training provided by Lancashire Adult Learning is an extended 1.5 hour session. It will cover the core content of the Lancashire Lifesavers training and provide you with an opportunity to achieve your personal goal(s) and identify opportunities for further training. Come along to this free session to learn these essential lifesaving skills and to become a Lancashire Lifesaver. At the end of the session, you will receive a certificate and pin badge.
What will I learn?
You will learn in a variety of ways:
• Active listening and discussion
• Paired and group tasks
• Participation in practical exercises
• Personal reflection and action planning
• Access to Apps, websites will be provided so you can complete some tasks during the session on-line, and access the resources after the session has ended to extend your learning
How will the course be assessed?
• Your teacher will use a range of activities to review your knowledge on the subject and identify any gaps and additional information required
• You will also receive verbal and written feedback from the teacher during the session
• The Learning Mat includes an opportunity for you to assess your knowledge at the start of the session and again at the end against the content. This allows you to identify how much you have learnt and where you might need to do further study or research
• You will also be supported to set individual goals for the course based on your personal
You will be asked to complete:
• A college enrolment form
• A Learning Mat
• A Learner Destination and Feedback Form at the end of the course
How much will the course cost me?
This course is FREE.
• First Aid for Adults – Beginners and Intermediate (non-accredited)
• First Aid for Children and Babies – Beginners and Intermediate (non-accredited)
• L2 Basic Life Support for Adults and Children (RQF)
• Level 3 Emergency First Aid At Work (RQF)
• Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)