94 week course
The programme offers you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills across a range of frameworks, contexts and practices relating to substance misuse work. Central to the degree is an exploration of a variety of social, welfare, health and legal policy responses to an array of substance misuse issues and problems.
The foundation degree is a two year full-time vocational degree programme where practice is assessed alongside academic ability. Employers have been supportive both in development and delivery of the degree ensuring that students gain exactly the skills needed in the workplace.
What will I learn?
• Professional Practice and Personal Development Planning
• Sociology of Health
• Concepts and Models of Addiction
• Introduction to Research
• Drug and Alcohol Strategy and Legislation
• Care Assessment and Planning
• Community Involvement and Engagement
• Treatment and Recovery
• Independent Research Project
• Advanced Professional Practice and Personal Development Planning
• Harm Reduction
How will the course be assessed?
A series of written and practical work is assessed by your tutors and will determine your overall grade.