|Care Level 1|
|Entry Requirements:||At least 2 GCSEs at Grade 3 or above including English Language or Mathematics OR a relevant Entry Level programme and GCSE English Language or Mathematics at Grade 3 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
During this one-year course, you will develop a range of core skills that will help you forge a future career in the care sector. This foundation programme is designed to give you a route onto higher level courses in your chosen Vocational area. At this level, you will develop basic skills and knowledge of your chosen subject, alongside English and Maths.
What will I learn?
• You will develop your personal skills such as communication, team work and problem solving.
• Your programme will include work experience within your chosen sector.
• Courses are available across a wide range of Vocational subjects, which are designed to offer you tailored support to help you progress on to further studies or to get you ready for an Apprenticeship.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal and external assessments. • You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources, including childcare classes with real world childcare resources • Students will have access to high end computer suites and various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College. • Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed. • We also have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.