Call Us: 01254 389933
Apply Now

Higher Education
Financial Support

Find a Course

‘On average those with higher education qualifications earn 50% more than none graduates.’

Financial Support

What Financial Support Is Available?

Higher education students at accrington and rossendale college

Following our successful merger with Nelson and Colne College in November 2018, we’re a newly-combined institution. When applying for student finance for September 2019, you will now need to complete all of your financial applications through one named institution which is ‘Nelson and Colne College’.

Please make sure you select this option upon completing your registration form with Student Finance England. More information can be found here:

Contact our Higher Education Admissions Team on

Call: 01254 354 047


Applications for part-time courses should be made via the College website at

Tuition Fees +

Financial support is available to help pay for tuition fees and support with living costs. You may also get extra money if you’re on a low income, are disabled or have children.

New starter Fees – September 2019

Our full-time higher education tuition fee is £7,500. This applies to students enrolling on full-time validated programmes.

Our part-time higher education tuition fee is £4,000. This will apply to students enrolling on our part-time validated programmes.

Continuing Learner Fees – September 2019

Our Accrington and Rossendale College continuing learners fees will be £6,165 and our Nelson and Colne College continuing learners fees will be £6,000.

Current foundation degree students progressing to top-up fees will be £7,500 full-time and £4,000 part-time.

Can all our continuing learners pease note that there will be no change to your current place of study.

Student Maintenance Loans +

Student Maintenance Loans for living costs are still available, as previously. The total owed to the Student Loans Company could therefore be a combination of tuition fee loan and maintenance loan, to be repaid when you have graduated or left the course.

The amount you can borrow depends on your household income, your course and where you live and study. Help is also available from Student Finance England if you have children or an adult who depends on you financially. If you have real financial difficulties there may be other sources of help such as the College’s Higher Education Access to Learning Fund.

Upcoming Events