|CACHE Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Schools|
|Start Date:||Please enquire|
|Time:||12.15pm - 2.45pm, 9.30am - 12pm or 6pm - 8.30pm|
|Cost:||£95 (fee remission may be available)|
This Level 1 accredited qualification is designed to prepare learners for further learning and training, whilst developing an understanding of the teaching and learning environment in a school setting, how to support the wellbeing of a child or young person and child, and young person development.
The qualification is aimed at a range of learners who are thinking of working in a school setting. This course is ideal for anyone wishing to progress onto teaching assistant training.
Learners do not need to be working or undertaking practical placements to take this qualification.
What will I learn?
All units need to be to completed and cover the following topics:
Unit 1: Understand schools as organisations
1. Understand the different types of schools
2. Understand policies and procedures in schools
3. Understand different areas of learning in schools
Unit 2: Understand how to keep children and young people healthy, safe and well
1. Understand the main stages of development from birth to 19 years of age
2. Understand how to keep individuals safe in the learning environment
3. Understand how to protect children and young people
4. Understand healthy eating
5. Understand equality, diversity and inclusion
Unit 3: Understand how to communicate with children, young people and adults
1. Understand how to communicate effectively with children, young people and adults
2. Understand how to communicate within a team
3. Understand how to encourage individuals in a learning environment
Materials and other information
For this course to run we need a minimum of 8 learners.
Most of the resources will be provided by the teacher, however you will need a pen and an A4 ring binder (not lever arch).
The Additional Learning Support Team work across college supporting learners with a variety of learning needs in different ways. Support can be requested at enrolment or at any point throughout your course. For more information telephone 0300 123 6711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare for further learning or training and/or develop knowledge and/or skills in a subject area. Prepare for further learning or training including:
• NOCN Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Early Learning at Home
• Ascentis Level 2 Certificate in Education Professions
• Family English, Maths and Language courses (FEML)
• Functional Skills
• English or Maths up to level 2
If you require in-depth advice on progression opportunities or guidance on career choices please contact our Information Advice, Guidance and Careers Advisers on: 0333 003 1717 Email: email@example.com