|Hygiene and Infection Control in Your Workplace|
|Start Date:||Please enquire|
|Cost:||£95 (fee remission may be available)|
This qualification is designed to make you aware how infection control plays a key part in any workplace. Preventing illness and infection is vitally important to protect staff, customers or clients and ultimately to protect your business.
The qualification is split into two units:
· Principles of infection control
· Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management
What will I learn?
The qualification will provide you with and understanding of the causes of infection and how these can be managed and controlled and will familiarise you with infection control legislation and policies.
You will develop an understanding of the methods of cleaning and waste disposal that help prevent the spread of infection, along with the personal protective equipment used for your own safety. This knowledge will be underpinned through an increased understanding of the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways they can be spread.
· Unit 1: The principles of infection control
· Unit 2: The principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management
How will the course be assessed?
It is assessed by completion of online learning modules and assessments.
Upon successful completion of the course, you may progress onto any of the following qualifications:
· Level 1 Facilities and Building Cleaning
· Level 2 Bio-hazard, Crime and Trauma Scene Cleaning